Sakhr Automatic Reader
Magazine Editor's Choice Award 2003 |
Sakhr Automatic Reader transforms scanned images into a grid of millions of dots, optically
recognizes the characters found in them and ultimately converts them
into text. The complex nature of the Arabic language is evident in the
cursiveness of the text, character overlapping, various character shapes,
diacritics and the variety of calligraphic Arabic fonts that exist.
As a result, these specific Arabic language complexities present major
technical challenges in the Arabic OCR industry. The Automatic Reader,
backed by Sakhr’s extensive experience in Arabic Natural Language
Processing (NLP) technologies, addresses these challenges effectively,
thus providing Arabic users with an award-winning and high quality OCR
Please note: Non-arabic languages (Pashto, Urdu, Farsi, & Jawi) are optional add-ons. Requires Automatic Reader Gold or Platinum to be installed.
About Sakhr Automatic Reader | Versions
| System Requirements
About Sakhr Automatic Reader
- Recognizes the diacritics in Arabic images.
- Opens multiple documents at the same time.
- Recognizes tables in scanned images.
- Special support for ill-formed tables.
- Recognizes underlined words.
- Recognizes broken and stickled characters.
- Automatic style detection for fonts (Regular or Bold).
- Uses Arabic linguistic rules with recognition (Artificial Intelligence).
- Supports non-rectangular frames.
- Supports color documents.
Powerful Imaging Tools
- Automatic and manual image rotation.
- Automatic and manual image fixing.
Other Important Features
- Program interface is available in both Arabic and English.
- Includes bilingual spellchecker.
- Supports both automatic and manual framing modes.
- Ability to send OCR results by e-mail.
Performance and Accuracy
- 800 characters per second on PIII based computer.
- Up to 99% accuracy in recognizing Arabic books, newspapers, etc.
Recognition Engines and Languages
- Supports Arabic, English, French and 15 other languages (Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish).
- OCR bilingual documents (Arabic/English, Arabic/French).
- Supports both OMNI & Learning technologies to obtain higher
accuracy in different fonts.
- Language Pack add-on for Pashto, Urdu, Farsi, & Jawi also available. (requires OCR Gold or Platinum to be installed)
- Sakhr OCR can deal with different image format standards (.bmp,
.tiff, .pcx, etc.).
- Sakhr OCR can save the output text in different formats such as
.txt, .rtf, and HTML.
- Includes a Personal Archive program enabling users to organize images
in structured and hierarchical folders
- Opening multiple images files simultaneously.
- Recognizing colored images, not only the Arabic ones, but also in
other European languages.
- Recognizing Arabic/French images.
- Correcting, editing and spell checking the resultant text at the
same time of any batch job.
- Containing 26 Arabic font libraries.
CPU: Minimum Pentium III 700, Pentium IV recommended (3.0GHz recommended)
Free Disk Space: Minimum 65 MB, 400 MB recommended
RAM: Minimum 64 MB, 128 MB recommended
Operating System: Win 2000 and XP (Arabic or English)
Supported Scanners: Twain, ISIS and KOFAX protocols.
Works with any type of scanner. Supports simplex and duplex scanners.
Integration with Other Applications: Can easily integrate
with any third party application. Software Development Kit (SDK).