About Collins Bilingual
Dictionary for Spanish-English
An extended source of information
The Lexibase software uses the lexicographical base of Collins. For
example, the Spanish-English bilingual dictionary contains more than
480 000 translations.
A very efficient search format
The new Lexibase Collins version uses an alphabetical and approximate
search simultaneously : you simply need to type the first letters of the
word you are looking for and the program displays the next entries in
alphabetical order and a list of approximates (you can find easily misspelled
words or correct typos).
An ergonomic tool
The display is in colour : the examples, the translations, the different
contexts have their own defined colour, the reading of the screen is fast
and easy. You can clearly see the text thanks to the zoom option.
You have the possibility to chose the language of interface: English,
French, Spanish or German.
Simple interaction with your Windows applications
The translation software can be activated from your document of origin
by a hotkey that supplies the translation of the selected word.
You can also obtain the translation by making a simple Copy / Paste.
- Alphabetical and approximate search : you simply need to type the
first letters of the word and the program displays the next entries
in alphabetical order and a list of approximates (you can find easily
misspelled words or correct typos).
- Full-text search allows you to search all the phrases, in which
the word you are looking for appears and gives you the corresponding
- Cross search allows you to find the translation of any word displayed
on your screen by a simple click.
- Activation of the software through a "hotkey". This function
allows you to obtain instantly a translation of the selected word
from your current application.
- You can enter a search in detailed or synthesized form, useful for
the long searches.
- Activation of a "pop up" window : This function allows
you to obtain the result of a new search, keeping the previous one
on your screen at the same time.
- Copy/paste and print a translation directly into your favorite application.
- Display and direct access to words and expressions related to the
word you have translated ("a half an hour" for an entry
"hour" for example).